We have attempted to be as comprehensive as possible, giving you a variety of resources to help create better markets for Alaska. Here are some additional resources to consider, in no particular order:
- Check out the National Farmers Market Coalition resource overview sheet with links to some of their most useful tools, from linked toolkits to working with media and utilizing tech at the market, they cover it all! If you are a member of the Alaska Farmers Market Association, you are automatically a member of the National Farmers Market Coalition!
- Book recommendation: The Farmers Market Book: Growing Food, Cultivating Community (Amazon).
- Interested in going green at the market? This webinar talks about how markets can go plastic free.
- The Alaska Food Policy Council’s webinar series are an amazing resource library that can teach you more about regulations, transportation, and more!
- Learn more about your carbon foodprint: Eat Green: Our everyday food choices affect global warming and the environment